Candidates should have passed the two year Pre – University examination or 10+2 years of schooling with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as optional subjects and English as language subject and he/she must have secured minimum 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology put together. In respect of candidate belonging to SC/ST or category – 1 this percentage shall be 40% instead of 50%.
In Case of admission on the basis of competitive entrance examination in addition to above, the candidate must have come in the merit list by securing not less than 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together in the competitive examination. In case of SC/ST or category – 1 It is 40% aggregate instead of 50% as stated above.
The candidate shall have completed the age of 17 years at the time of admission.
Duration of the course:-4 Academic years.
First year B.D.S.
- General Human Anatomy including Embryology and Histology.
- General Human Physiology and Biochemistry, Nutrition and Dietics.
- Dental Anatomy Embryology and Oral Histology.
- Dental Materials.
- PreClinical Prosthodontics and Crown & bridge.
Second year B.D.S.
- General Pathology and Microbiology.
- General and Dental Pharmacology and Therapeutics.
- Dental Materials.
- Preclinical Conservative Dentistry
- Preclinical Prosthodontics and Crown and Bridge.
- Oral Pathology and Oral Microbiology.
Third year B.D.S.
- General Medicine
- General Surgery
- Oral Pathology and Oral Microbiology
- Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Oral Medicine and Radiology
- Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics.
- Paediatric and preventive Dentistry
- Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge.
Fourth year B.D.S
- Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics.
- Oral Medicine and Radiology.
- Paediatrics & Preventive Dentistry.
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery.
- Prosthodontics and Crown and Bridge.
- Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics.
- Public Health Dentistry.
One Year Compulsory Rotatory Internship