Affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi university of Health Sciences, Bangalore.
P.B Road, Chitradurga 577501, Karnataka Ph: +91 8194 223068,+91 8194 220048, Fax: +91 8194 220046 , email@example.com
Oral medicine is the specialty of dentistry concerned with oral health care of medically compromised patients and with diagnosis and non surgical management of medically related disorders or conditions affecting the oral and maxillofacial region. Oral physicians are concerned with non surgical medical aspects of dentistry. These specialists are involved in primary diagnosis and management of oral diseases that do not respond to conventional dental & maxillofacial surgical procedures. The practice of oral medicine will provide optimal health to all people through the diagnosis and management of oral disease.
The Department offer undergraduate course and is equipped with 11 Dental chairs for examination of patient in Oral medicine unit. The maxilla facial radiology unit is well equipped with 2 intraoral radiographic machine and 1 conventional general radiographic machine with provision for manual and automatic processing. Digital imaging section consist of comprised of 1 RVG (Kodak 5,000) and digital panoramic, lateral ceph and TMJ Radiographic machine (Villa Rotamac-EVO).
On an average 100-150 patients are thoroughly examined daily in the department with emphasis to past medical & drug history , past Dental and personal History. An appropriate clinical diagnosis is drawn in the Department followed by necessary investigation are conducted and treatment plan is made. The interesting cases are Documented with clinical photographs taken using intraoral camera. The maxilla facial radiographic unit functions with strict radiation protection and monitoring protocols. Department functions as a referral center for diagnosis complex cases from other private clinic and Hospital.
Undergraduate students are trained through extensive clinical discussion practical demonstration and theory lectures extended learning is offer through problem based learning , case discussions and seminars. Students are evaluated periodically through theory and clinical examinations viva voice and multiple choice questionnaires. Studentís academic progression is monitored via academic progression card. The Department work with the motto of Oral health for complete well being.
The following services are offered at the Department of Oral Medicine and Radiology -
1. Consultation with house surgeons, or if the case may demand, with a senior staff, is offered in clinical diagnosis & oro-maxillofacial pathologies. Appropriate investigative procedures are advised accordingly.
2. We offer Chair side investigations like FNAC, electrical pulp vitality, vital staining, cytosmear etc and other investigations like Incisional biopsy procedures to assist diagnosis.
3. The department offers radiographic examination of the oral and peri- oral structures with various typesí intraoral & extra oral radiography like IOPAR, RVG, OPG, lateral ceph, PNS, PA, TMJ radiographs & other general x-rays.
4. Medical management and follow-up-in case of patient is suffering from oral-maxillofacial pathologies.
5. Offer therapeutics like TENS for necessary conditions.
6. Identification of oral manifestations of systemic diseases and management of the same with necessary referrals to concerned department.
7. Dental management of medically compromised patients.
8. Patient with adverse habits are counseled and motivated to quit the habit in our unit.
9. Referral-for all types of dental treatment to appropriate departments & assisting in treatment planning.
|DEPARTMENT OF ORAL MEDICINE AND RADIOLOGY|
|01||Dr.Kodanda Rama.G.S.||MDS.,||Professor &Head||Profile|
|02||Radha M B||BDS.,||Lecturer||Profile|
|03||Dr. Betsy Snehalatha||BDS.,||Lecturer||Profile|